Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Using Google Drawing to Plan a Prototype



Students are working on creating a floating raft out of recycled materials that will support one person. Rather than hand draw, my students, of their own accord, decided to use Google Drawing to construct a plan of their raft. At the end of a school year, the most amazing learning happens from a teacher’s perspective because the students are so independent and so capable. I think to myself at this moment that this is why I teach, to essentially let go of my students. They are utilising collaborative skills, prototyping skills, as well as user testing. Design thinking is apparent n this activity even without specific labels. 


My amazement at all my kids have accomplished this year is wonderful. I am continuously impressed by their adaptable nature, desire to create, and capacity for critical thinking. 


An impressed and thankful teacher’s quick reflection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-44643247-1