Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks


While Korea doesn’t celebrate American Thanksgiving, today at lunch we had a feast fit for any suburban family. Complete with Costco pumpkin pie, turkey, corn, mashed potatoes, and salad, it was a lovely time. 


Throughout the meal I was admiring the kindness of my students and thinking about all that I am thankful for in my life. So I decided it would be applicable to write an education blog post about all the edtech tools I am thankful for: 


  • Dear Educreations, thank you for making it possible for me to flip my classroom. Without you I’d never be able to make videos for my students to watch at home or give them live feedback on their essays through videos. 

  • Dear Google, well what can I say. Thank you for making collaboration on Google docs possible, for creating comments so my students can edit each other’s essays, for creating Google forms so they can evaluate each other on their performances  for making Google Drive so we never loose any documents, for making Google presentation so I can quickly create mathematics slides…need I go on? You are the pumpkin pie this year with all the whip cream I’d ever want. Thank you times one million!

  • Dear iPad, thank you for being as small and as sleek as you are. Without your amazing features I’d be lost. You make correcting grammar a splash, taking notes digitally in class possible, tweeting is as fast as can be, and teaching without you just couldn’t ever be possible. 

  • Dear Khan Academy, thank you for all the modules you’ve created in order to help my students master math concepts in a fun way. 

  • Dear iMovie, thank you for helping me teach my students to think creatively, to collaborate, to imagine and to grow. Making book trailers and personal autobiographies has brought another element into my class that just isn’t possible without your skill. 

  • Dear Twitter, thank you for connecting me to educators around the world. Thank you for your short tidbits of knowledge and exciting 150 character posts. 

  • Dear Tumblr, thank you for making it possible for me to share with the world my thoughts and ideas. 

  • Dear Edmodo, thank you for allowing me to connect with a school in California so my students can have interesting and insightful discussions with peers. 

  • Dear MERIT, thank you for inspiring me to become an edtech lover and innovator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-44643247-1