Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A day without kiddos



Today was the first day of school in Los Altos. It was a day filled with eager students, nervous smiles, and scattered teachers. Every year a new wave of students enter our classrooms and we prepare and we plan and we prep in order to meet them with open arms and open hearts. 


Today was the first day of not having a classroom and kids and desks and paper. Today I entered “officially” my new role as the district’s technology coach. As I wandered around to different campus’s in our district today, I was struck with the simple fact that I was able to have and to feel the love for all the excited faces even though I didn’t have my 27. 


Now, rather than only my 27, I have the opportunity to have so, so many more smiling faces that I am able to touch. Now, I have the wonderful, exciting opportunity to help and to guide the teachers in the district who will then go and touch and challenge their students. 


Here’s to something new, something special, something challenging and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-44643247-1