Monday, January 14, 2013

Currently, the PE classes at our school are doing synchronized swimming. Last week, I had so much fun working with my kids and being in the water. I decided to dig up a few old videos to pass onto our PE teacher so he could share them with the other PE classes as I was only able to help out my own kids. In re-watching one of my videos, it was amazing to me how fast the memories of the competition high came flooding back to me. I realized that in watching myself perform at my peak, one of the things I miss most is actually the intense work you go through in order to achieve your goal and then the high you have while you prove you have what it takes to be the best. I can remember so vividly my legs burning by the end of a routine and the dread I would have as I road my bike up to practice just thinking about the amount of run-throughs I’d need to do. 


I know this is my education blog, so here goes how all of my thoughts came tumbling together. This high I remember, how do I get that now? I was puzzling over this and wondering about it as I munched on my breakfast and sipped my tea. 


Right now for me, this high comes from areas like seeing my students be successful and accomplishing goals related to my job and my life as a whole. However, I would love to find a way to find that kind of high once more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-44643247-1