Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Google Teacher Academy. 50 innovative teachers. 2 days. Sydney, Australia. Having just applied to the Apple Distinguished Educator program, I thought why not, I’ll shoot for the moon and try to do the GTA application too. Maybe a bit insane as that would be two intense professional development sessions in about 3 months time, but why not? 


Putting forth effort and time, I was thoughtful about my essays, diligent about my video and purposeful in my blog posts. I knew that I had for sure done my best on the GTA application.


The part that was most difficult for me was the video. Creating content for only 1 minute of time was difficult to say the least. That being said, I really pushed myself to utilize every second. Folding in Google tools as well as others, I strived to compile a comprehensive video that targeted the innovation in my classroom through the use of technology. 


Well, March 8th rolled around and I received a, “Thank you very much, but…” email in my in box. A bit discouraged at first, now I’m not upset or bitter in the least. Rather, I was a bit relieved in a sense because I knew that doing both ADE and GTA would be CRAZY with all caps, yes. That being said, I would still LOVE to participate in GTA in the future—BIG TIME!


So, if you were accepted to GTA first off CONGRATS! So excited for you. I would love feedback on my video that is posted above so that next time around I can really Bring it with a Capital B!


Any tips or comments? 


Thank you in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-44643247-1