Sunday, March 17, 2013

If I weren't a teacher...



We all contemplate occasionally when we are loosing our patience or simply want a break, what we would do if we were not enriching the lovely minds of children. For me, this revelation usually occurs when I am cooking. I love to cook and to bake.




Every Sunday I try to spend time in the kitchen, relaxing and wondering if I could do this all the time. It is a wonderful thing to know what helps you relax. Right up there with baking are the following: baths, reading, walks, and naps. But I am pretty sure that as a second career I can’t choose napping. So just as a fall back in case my love for teaching abandons me at some point, I’ve decided that the following career will be excellent: baker, writer, tweeter, professional lover of life. The last piece is key and really should not even need to be typed. Sometimes I just get swept up and away by all the little stressers of teaching and of life.




Baking whisks them away and yet I know that no matter what I do for a living they will be there. Those little pesky stressers that I am really in control of. So dear self, love life not matter what you are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-44643247-1